Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reflections

Today I am reflecting. I am reflecting on my conversations with God. I have had a lot of them in the past few days. I have been talking to him about all the things that are going on in my life.

This new road definitely has twists and turns. I sometimes find myself thrown off into a ditch next to one of the especially sharp curves. This is when it is the toughest for me to turn to God for help. The first thing on my mind is how am I going to climb up out of the ditch and get on with my life. How am I going to fix it? And if it has anything to do with someone else, how am I going to fix them?

Today when I found myself in a ditch on the side of my road I tried something new. Something that I have always said you should do, but I realize I have never really done it. I talked to God. I ask Him to help me up out of the ditch. And do you know what happened? He did!

The moment after I asked for God to help me I felt that peace that surpasses all understanding. That peace only God can give you. You can't do anything to create this kind of peace. Then I prayed for the peace to stay and comfort me. He makes me lie down in green pastures...His rod and His staff they comfort me. Praise the Lord for peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment