Friday, May 20, 2011

I love it when....

I love it when I finally get it. You know what I mean, that moment when something hits you over the head like a ton of bricks. You think...Why didn't I think of that before? And...Okay Lord...I see now.

This morning I was driving to work, late as usual. I can't seem to make anywhere on time anymore. This used to drive me CRAZY when other people did it and it drives me CRAZY that I do it, but I can't seem to get it under control. BUT...I digress. :)

I was driving to work and I was thinking about all this stuff I have been focusing on this week and the day before me. I was thinking about how I had to let go of all the stuff that had kept me sick for so long. I was thinking about rebellion and how I really wanted to rebel and say "No it's mine I NEED it!"

Then out of the blue I had my "I get it moment". The story of the rich man talking to Jesus came to my mind. I don't remember what book it is in I think Matthew, but the message was more important to me than finding the scripture.

In the story the rich man asks Jesus, I want to follow you, what do I need to do to follow you. Jesus tells him give away everything and come follow me. The rich man says to him, everything? And Jesus knows he doesn't really want to follow Him.

So my I get it moment was when it hit me...I have to give it ALL up. All my life I have focused on this being all my worldly possessions, and I think that is always the message I have heard when it is taught in church, or at least that is what I focused on. But today I realized I must give up everything. Everything that keeps me from Him.

So for today I am giving it up. I give up all that I have held so dear for so long because I want to follow Him, serve Him, and walk with Him in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment