Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Giving Credit

Today has been a rough day. I will admit that yesterday I really could not have foreseen everything that would occur today. It hit me out of the blue, but I don't think that is a bad thing necessarily. I would like to think that this happened because I am living more in the moment and not worrying about the future, maybe. :)

There is one aspect of today that I really want to write about. I have to document this for the future. I need to give my parents more credit. Everyone struggles with a degree of control I think, but I certainly got my fair share of control issues. My parents and I haven't always gotten along or seen eye to eye. But today I asked for help.

Well they did not refuse to help. My mom listened and gave her opinion, but never tried to control me or manipulate me. This is progress for both of us. I ask my mom to do something and she did it and very close to how I really really wanted it.

So I want to say that mom, thank you for helping me, and being there when I call.

One last thing, scripture:
Have mercy on me O God have mercy on me for in you my soul takes refuge I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

I am taking refuge tonight and waiting for that disaster topass. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment